Collin County Family Law Attorney And MediatorWith Over 20 Years Of Experience

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Modifications
photo of attorney Vonda Kay

Experienced Help For Modification Of Your Court Order

Conservatorship (custody), possession of and access to a child (visitation), and support arrangements are meant to be binding, although there are situations where either parent may request a modification to the agreement after a divorce. These modifications are not to be made casually, but only after a significant change in circumstances that affect available finances, your physical living environment or other relevant issues. There could be many reasons that a parent might request a post-divorce modification, including:

  • Loss of a job
  • Job change
  • Remarriage of one of the parents
  • Parental disability
  • Incarceration
  • Loss of a home
  • Custodial parent relocation
  • Romantic cohabitation of parent receiving support

If you believe that your conservatorship (custody) arrangement has become unfair due to a significant change in your life circumstances, speak to an experienced family law attorney to discuss your legal options. Drawing from more than two decades of family law experience in Texas, attorney Vonda Kay can help you discover your legal alternatives and when appropriate, renegotiate the terms of the order. Child support modifications can be temporary or permanent, but require swift action as soon as the life change occurs.

Learn More About The Range Of Possibilities

If your divorce agreement seems to be unfair because of a recent change in your circumstances, contact the Law Office of Vonda Kay in Allen for a consultation. Ms. Kay will help you select the best course of action for modifying your existing court orders. Call toll-free at 866-543-1127 or use the contact form to make arrangements for a free initial consultation.