Collin County Family Law Attorney And MediatorWith Over 20 Years Of Experience

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Child Custody And Visitation
photo of attorney Vonda Kay

Keeping The Best Interests Of Your Child At The Forefront

When a marriage or relationship ends and children are involved, deciding on a suitable conservatorship (commonly known as “custody”) and possession of and access to a child (commonly known as “visitation”) arrangement hinges on the “best interest” of the child. Parents frequently disagree about what “best interest” actually means. Where there is little or no agreement, the court will decide, taking into consideration factors such as:

  • Which parent has been the primary caregiver
  • Any history of domestic violence, drug, alcohol or child abuse
  • Financial and social resources
  • Any other relevant fact that may impact the parent-child relationship

Working with an experienced family law attorney can be helpful, especially one who is also an experienced mediator. Attorney Vonda Kay has been exclusively practicing family law for more than two decades. In this time, she has seen it all when it comes to conservatorship and possession arrangements.

Ms. Kay understands that every family member has unique needs. Each conservatorship (custody case) requires an individualized solution. When you come in or call for a free initial phone consultation, Ms. Kay will listen to you carefully so she can give you specific advice about your best options for developing agreements in the best interest of your child.

Clarifying Conservatorships (Custody) And Possession And Access (Visitation) Responsibilities

Cooperative parents can sometimes work out a conservatorship and possession and access to the child arrangement of their own. It is wise to establish a court order with the terms of your arrangement so that it is enforceable in the future. Family law attorney Vonda Kay can examine your existing arrangements, and let you know if they would stand up in court. She can also provide clarity around specific issues you may have about your custody case, including:

  • What joint managing conservatorship (JMC) means for each parent
  • What sole managing conservatorship (SMC) means for each parent
  • What happens to children of unmarried parents
  • What happens to children of same-sex couples
  • How possession of and access to a child (visitation) works for long-distance parents

Attorney Vonda Kay is committed to helping clients come to the best possible solution for the sake of their children. She works with each client one-on-one to make sure they understand their parental rights and duties, making the well-being of their children the cornerstone of any agreement.

Speak With Attorney Vonda Kay Soon

Are you struggling with issues of conservatorship (custody) and possession and access (visitation) rights? The Law Office of Vonda Kay is here to help. Set up an appointment or call toll-free for your free initial phone consultation with Ms. Kay at 866-543-1127 or use the contact form.